Features of LETS-Software
- All the tools needed for members to place advertisements and conduct trades.
- Image processing system allowing members to add photos to their profile, articles, events and advertisements.
- Account system allows non-members limited viewing of articles, events and advertisements.
- Validation system allows administrators to review articles, events, Links and FAQs before they are posted.
- Email system can notify members of new advertisements, events, listings, faq and link submissions. Administrators are emailed when a new member registers, validation is required, someone uses the email form and when there are technical errors.
- Advanced LETS tools for administrators.
- Easy interface to change the names and order of the navigation links and add extra pages.
- Dynamic, database driven website using an .htaccess file to allow for non-variable based urls.
- Structure of site: Link names, positions and urls are all configurable. Self-generating .htaccess file updates the changes.
- Easy to edit template system. Templates largely CSS styled so it's easy to change website design with just .css files.
- Written for php 4.4 and MySQL 4.1.
- Includes phpmailer so smtp can be used if your webhost requires it.
- Only requires a database and config file - a built-in installer does the rest.
- Transaction forms appear on advertisement and member pages populated with relevant details.
- Advertisements can be "Buy it Nows" - The transaction is completed with one click and the advertisement is disabled and linked to in the transaction details. This provides for a more detailed trading history.
- Auctions are possible with optional reserves - the minimum accepted bid.
- An advertisement can be both a "Buy it Now" and an Auction - bid or buy, it's your choice.
- Transaction Fees can be applied to the seller, buyer or both.
- Members may be restricted to a negative balance limit - No trading is possible once beyond it.
- New members may be given a positive or negative balance upon account creation.
- Members may be restricted from viewing each others transaction history.
- A bulk transaction form for convenience which can optionally display a confirmation screen.
- A membership-wide transaction applied to any account. Intended for the number one account to be returned to zero.
- The ability to reverse a transaction.
- The ability to conduct a routine that double-checks all members' balances and overall balance (which should always be zero).
- Create an offer or request for goods or services.
- All advertisements have their own page - Add photos and your own HTML to make it unique and exciting.
- Search advertisements by category, keywords, amount and many other criteria to narrow your results.
- Auctions may be locked (non-editable) after bid upon.
- The amount of a "Buy it Now" can be locked.
- Auctions and "Buy it Nows" may be locked (non-editable) after completed.
- Administrators can edit all advertisements.
- Create articles and events to share with the membership.
- Like all sections, events and articles can be re-named, given a new url or be entirely disabled.
- Events and Articles may require validation before appearing to all members.
- Administrators can edit all articles and events.
- The Links section doesn't have to be a list of links; it could include addresses, phone numbers or other information.
- The FAQ section doesn't need to be in question and answer format, it is simply a list of headings and sub-headings.
- Sub-headings (Links and FAQs) can include "Posted by: Member" details.
- Members can be restricted from moving another member's Links and FAQs up and down.
- Links and FAQs may require validation before appearing to all members.
- Administrators can edit and move all Links and FAQs.
- Comments can be added to advertisements, articles and events.
- An edited comment may be indicated as such.
- Members may be restricted from deleting their comments.
- Members may have their profile image appear with their comments.
- Guests may be restricted from posting comments.
- Administrators can edit or delete all comments.
- When members are signed in they can see each other's balances, names, phone numbers and addresses if shared.
- The process a member may go through is as follows:
- A member registers and is unvalidated. An admin validates the member after completing the membership process (paying a fee, signing a contract, etc) and assigns an expiry date.
- Members can post advertisements and make trades even if their expiry date has past. An option will automatically suspend members when they expire.
- A suspended member can't trade or advertise but their balance is unchanged. Restoring a suspended member removes the suspension.
- When a member is deleted their balance, whether positive or negative, is transferred to zero (this transaction can be done with any other member). Reactivating the member will transfer their balance back.
- Members may or may not be able to see each other's trade history and expiry date.
- Members can be automatically validated when they register. Since there is no email validation this isn't recommended.
- The email sent to new members is editable as is a message appearing on members' home page.
- Members may be restricted from adding and editing the categories used by articles, advertisements and events.
The admin can do the following:
- Renew all expired accounts.
- Reactivate all deleted accounts.
- Suspend all expired accounts.
- Restore all suspended accounts.
- Members choose when they want email updates. Articles, events, links, FAQs and advertisements are all options.
- PHPmailer allows for SMTP if your webhost requires it.
- Admin email receives emails from contact form.
- Technical email receives emails when there is a website error.
- Validation email receives emails when an article, event or new member needs to be validated.
- A member may be restricted from having the same email as another member.
Administrators can send a bulk email to all members who are:
- Normal and expired.
- Expiring within one month.
- Includes one log for normal actions and one for errors. A one-line error can also be included in the regular log.
- Logging can include additions, deletions and/or edits.
- The log file can be deleted by an administrator. It is backed up in the /logs folder.
All types of actions may or may not be logged:
- All sections can be renamed, enabled or disabled - even their urls are editable.
- Administrators can decide which fields on which forms are required for submission.
- The names of the currency and transactions are editable.
- An hour offset setting allows for time synchronization. A 12 or 24 hour clock is available.
- Image sizes are adjustable for all sections. These values should be finalized before images are uploaded.
- Short summaries of all sections, appropriate for a sidebar, can be enabled or disabled.
- Authentication is done through PHP sessions. URL-based sessions are supported but not recommended.
- Changeable maximum session time will automatically logout members.
- Members' passwords are stored with one-way encryption. Lost password routine resets and emails new password. Administrators can never know members passwords.
- IP of user with 20 bad login attempts is banned for 24 hours.